Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dittos

RUSH: This country is an idea that is bigger than any mortal individual. I can punish nobody. I cannot reward anybody.

I cannot close a prison where terrorists are housed and let them go and call it national security.

I cannot meet with Hugo Chavez or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and claim, in doing so, that I'm making them my friend.

I can't do anything Obama can do. I don't want that kind of power. That kind of power invested in one person who believes he has it scares the hell out of me.

And you compound that fright with the fact that so many people do not have the guts, the strength, the education to resist the tug of popular sentiment, and we have a nation of lemmings believing lie after lie after lie, myth after myth after myth, liberal idea, failed liberal idea, failed liberal idea after failed liberal idea.

I don't compel anything. I don't try to confuse people.

Twitchy » US Politics